Citizens joined us for the October 29th Growers Forum. This was a free ¾ day workshop for growers, farmers, property owners, and other interested parties to learn about food and agricultural opportunities in the Arlington Heights Greenbelt.
Event Date: Sat, October 29th, 2016 from 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM PST
Location: Citrus State Historic Park – Sunkist Center
The agenda included:
- Update on Asian Citrus Psyllid by CDFA, Cooperative Extension, Riverside County Ag Commissioner
- Organic Certification Processes
- Growing Avocados in the Greenbelt
- UCR’s Local Food Procurement Program (they’re looking for farmers)
- Microloans for Food & Agribusiness
Several organizations were also onsite to provide resources: Riverside County Farm Bureau, Index Fresh, Riverside-Corona Resource Conservation District, UC Cooperative Extension, California Citrus Mutual.